Specialist Re-entry Program
Specialist Re-entry Program for Anaesthetists – Simulation Focus Pilot Program for Anaesthetists
Australian Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing (DOHA)
The Australian Government Specialist Re-entry Program (SREP) aims to increase the number of doctors in the workforce in Australia by assisting Fellows of specialist colleges who had taken a break from the specialist clinical workforce to re-enter.
This program is a part of an Australian Government initiative to strengthen and protect Medicare.
DOHA contracted the Sydney Medical Simulation Centre (now Sydney Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre) as a provider of SREP for anaesthetists. The project piloted a range of simulation-based refresher training methods along with a structured goal directed portfolio which was facilitated by case managers.
- Highly popular - over-subscribed workshop paticipation
- All participants completed their individual programs in full
- Conference Presentations to support information dissemination
- Project administered in accordance with the requirements of the standard funding agreement, and
- Key findings and recommendations made to the DOHA to support SREP objectives
Sydney Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre
Level 6, Kolling Building
Royal North Shore Hospital
St Leonards, NSW 2065
T: +61 2 9926 4646